Saturday, May 9, 2009

Album of the Week

Totes thought I published this on Tuesday. My apologies....



In light of the JPOP party I'm attending this week, I had a sentimental moment about 2004. I used to have this friend, whom I've mentioned before, and he introduced me to this girl. Japanese pop is sloooooowly taking over America and I find it amazing how Asia seems to do everything so well and yet, their music has yet to creep up on us the way I felt like it would 5 years ago. Either way, Enjoy.


Utada Hikaru - Exodus
Released October 5, 2004

1. Opening
2. Devil Inside
3. Exodus '04
4. The Workout
5. Easy Breezy
6. Tippy Toe
7. Hotel Lobby
8. Animato
9. Crossover Interlude
10. Kremlin Dusk
11. You Make Me Want To Be A Man
12. Wonder 'Bout
13. Let Me Give You My Love
14. About Me


So Utada has been around in music since about '98/'99. she's a talented artist and was only available in Japan til this crossover album came out in 2004. A little more on the "edgier" side of pop because this album was a collaboration between the funky JPop of Utada and the then incredibly popular Timbaland (anyone remember when Timbaland was taking over almost every radio station/record sales in 2004?? yeah.)


The album flopped here in America. Not much promo, I wouldn't have known about it had it not been for that former friend but I'm glad it's on my iPod now. Check it out if you have the chance. Broaden your horizon. Have fun with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment