Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Jessie Payo

It's weird when music & people find you and/or you find it but it's such a lovely thing. I was first introduced to this Jessie Payo lady when I "borrowed" a movie from my job (I work for a HUGE company who's image is widely publicised by a mouse). She did a song on the soundtrack and for such a lackluster movie, I was impressed.

Fast forward a few years later when I realized Miss Payo was on my iPod one day. Don't know how she got there and it's only one song but she's there. PS: I love finding things on my iPod that I had no idea was there to begin with. Moving on.

I've been meaning to attend her shows for quite a while now but never actually had the means to go til this past Monday. Let's just say; Ah-MAZING!!

This girl can sing her ass off live. She's absolutely gorgeous, and if she doesn't have the most talented "local" band behind her, I don't know how to respond to that. Anyone who knows me knows that i will drop my Freddy's within seconds for a woodwind. So add a sax and a trumpet to raw & sultry melodies and slick grooves and I'm all over it.

I spent the better part of the evening blowing smoke up her ass and being obsessed with Jessie Payo & her band but I will say this; if you haven't heard her sing, go to Myspace.com/JessiePayoMusic and check her out. Then buy her songs. Then go see her live. Such a talented artist. Not to mention that her other group Jupiter Rising makes me feel like they are the type of music I've been waiting for.

I've got a couple crappy crackberry flicks to add on (my digi cam is broke, so unprofessional of me). Enjoy and besos!!






No comments:

Post a Comment