Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hip Hop Appreciation Week Day 3

Slick Rick - The Great Adventures of Slick Rick
Released November 3, 1988

1. Treat her Like a Prostitute
2. The Ruler's Back
3. Children's Story
4. The Moment I Feared
5. Let's Get Crazy
6. Indian Girl (an Adult Story)
7. Teenage Love
8. Mona Lisa
9. Kit (What's The Scoop)
10. Hey You World
11. Teacher, Teacher
12. Lick The Balls

One reason why I love this album was to me, Slick Rick was so Fresh. He was fun, dressed real slick, and he was genuinely his own person. Not "unique" like we'd use the term today but if you put on a dope outfit and an eye patch, everyone KNEW you was tryin to be Slick Rick. I found humor in almost all his music and his ways of telling stories reminded me of myself growin up; writing plays & stories and poems, etc. and finding an alternative way to display them to the world... If there is anyone in Hip Hop that I say I can relate to based on personality, it is hands down, Slick Rick (with a touch of Kanye & Diddy, of course!)

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment