Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Album of the Week

I'm a day late because after my Tuesday night's events, I had a change of heart as to what my album for this week would be.

Whenever I'm going through some overdramatic, unnecessary, boy turmoil, this is the album I turn to. Super sexy, ultra-feminine. I've never been much of a "girly-girl" but this album is what I think the epitome of a woman is/should be.



Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope
Released October 7, 1997

1. Interlude - Twisted Elegance
2. Velvet Rope
3. You
4. Got 'Til It's Gone ft. Joni Mitchell and Q-Tip
5. Interlude - Speaker Phone
6. My Need
7. Interlude - Fasten Your Seatbelts
8. Go Deep
9. Free Xone
10. Interlude - Memory
11. Together Again
12. Interlude - Online
13. Empty
14. Interlude - Full
15. What About
16. Every Time
17. Tonight's The Night
18. I Get Lonely
19. Rope Burn
20. Anything
21. Interlude - Sad
22. Special

I had this album on tape and CD, listened to it nonstop for MANY months... There's songs about love, loss, abuse, sadness, fun, and sexuality; it's got a sense of "empowerment" vibe if you will. Not to mention, yet again, that it is super sexy. Not gonna lie but Velvet Rope and Rope Burn are on the top of my Sexy Time list.


On a plus-side note. To all my ladies out there: If a guy ever does you wrong; plays you, lies, stands you up, cheats, makes plans twice in one week then has you wait over an hour for him cause he can't get his shit together (lol), listen to this album. Then go do someone hot to get over him. Then go out and find someone more than worth your time. Then listen to the album again.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment