Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Album of the Week

For most of my teen years, I had this uber close friend. He was my other half for like 7 years-ish. I've mentioned him before and my hopes is to never have to mention him again. You can go support his music if you want (http://www.myspace.com/midnightview). I still will, from a very far distance for reasons unknown to me.

Anyways, we "just so happened" to have bought the same Christmas gift one year, '02 I think... A Beatles poster.

I cut my hand on it today and that's partly where my album of the week came from.


The Beatles - Abbey Road
Originally released September 26, 1969

1. Come Together
2. Something
3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer
4. Oh! Darling
5. Octopus' Garden
6. I Want You (She's So Heavy)
7. Here Comes the Sun
8. Because
9. You Never Give Me Your Money
10. Sun King
11. Mean Mr. Mustard
12. Polythene Pam
13. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
14. Golden Slumbers
15. Carry That Weight
16. End
17. Her Majesty


I've waken up to this LP for like 6 days straight now. Something about that Sun King makes me feel good about life. The Beatles don't really need any explanation nor do I have any rave that I think would live up to their status and talent. I will say this, had I been around during "their reign", I probably would not have been a fan. I would've loved their music but not been a fan. Like Beyonce. Hate her, but the bitch can sing and apparently act as well.


But now, it's 2009. If you are a fan of music, you're a fan of The Beatles in someway. So many samples and covers and careers have been made off these 4 guys that just did what they loved in a time where it was almost OK to be free in love. I think at least 3 of the songs that I've written in the past few months are somehow inspired by The Beatles.


If you're not into them and are open to giving them a shot, go get The White Album. It'll change your life. For better or best. Or at least just open your mind to something you may not have experienced.



besos y abrazos

No comments:

Post a Comment