Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Album of the Week

I'd like to thank Seany J for being the inspiration for this week. He's becoming so hood right before my eyes, I'm beyond proud. Jaha!



Nas - It Was Written
Released July 2, 1996

1. Album Intro
2. The Message
3. Street Dreams
4. I Gave You Power
5. Watch Dem Niggas
6. Take It In Blood
7. Nas Is Coming
8. Affirmative Action
9. The Set Up
10. Black Girl Lost
11. Suspect
12. Shootouts
13. Live Nigga Rap
14. If I Ruled The World

Ok, so, here's my 2 cents (isn't that the point of this "blogging" ish anyways? lol).This album is sick. Real cool beats, Nas attacks it with swag and power, letting it be known that this guy really is amazing. Unfortunately, I think not many people give this album much credit. In my world, it's a classic. It Was Written got a lot of slack back in the day for "not being as good" as Illmatic 2 years prior. I fully have to disagree. This album is dope, if you love hip hop, you probably own this album and if you don't, then you should be ashamed of yourself.

That is all. It's time for a beach run with the boy ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment