Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Optimism

A lot of amazing things have happened to me within the last few months. I learned a new trade (Raw Food) moved out of my parents house, got to see my great G’ma hit 100 years, & I’m steadily re-finding myself everyday. I’ve learned what real friends are and am even more happy with the ones that didn’t work out due to the fact that I was happy then but I’m even more happy now.

Moving to the GC has completely changed my perspective on life. I now look at my familiar pictures and it’s all a memory, a good memory. All the negative that I was stuck in for 08/09 has been forgotten and all I see is the good. I miss my cat but can’t fully remember having her around. I miss my friends but the fun we had is no longer a fun lifestyle but a fond memory. I’m so happy for that. It makes me appreciate life now so much more.

I used to be a total optimist. The last few years took that away from me. I was lost, angry, sad, depressed for a reeeaaalllyyy long time. However, now, I am that happy person I used to be; the one who always saw the light in every situation. Not saying I don’t get down every once in a while but, I no longer see the bad before the good. I no longer dwell on all the wrong going on. I love this me, this me I used to be.

I have no idea where I’m going next in life but I know that God has a plan for me. And just because I don’t know that plan does not mean it’s not going to work out for me. Yeah, I’m stuck in a position that I didn’t apply for. Yeah, I wish I was cooking a lot more than I am. But I feel like this is just putting me in a position to obtain a lot more than jumping into my goal would’ve allowed.

I now know that not everything in life needs to be forced; I don’t need to schedule and plan everything as I did before. I’m more open to just letting things happen as they should and I thank God for that kind of peace.

Thanks for reading. Bless you all who have supported and been there with me since the beginning. Until next time, Stay Hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment