Sunday, August 29, 2010

Though I’m barely at the start of my coking tour, I must say… My greatest gift to other people is still music. I know that cooking isn’t my calling. I know that I’m currently living a life I chose through love rather than the life that was chosen for me through calling. Sometimes, I’ll be temping out the Buffet and not notice how hard I’m rocking out to the song in my head. A random person, whether it be a coworker or a guest, will ask me what I’m dancing to and I’ll tell them. That feeling is a lot greater than the salad bar I spent hours prepping and setting out for them to destroy.

I find greater joy in spreading music than food. Both are Universal so I still get this high when I can give either to the world. But I will forever remember the little girl with her shoes on the wrong feet, asking me which Jonas Bro song I was singing more so than the guy who asked me what French Toast was and how I made it.

Don’t get me wrong, people enjoying my food is one of the greatest feelings in the world. But there’s something about how I grew up & live my life that brings me back to the genuinity of music. The number 1 true Universal Language, the way most people bring themselves together.

As a Chef and a nurturer, I hope that the food I produce brings together many walks of life within harmony on one common goal: to enjoy what I provide. However, I hope that the soundtrack to that meal is one that they’ll never forget. Something that will change them; music that will bring them to life just as much as my amazing food will.

Keep music alive, be true to you, and Stay Hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment