Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Album of the Week

Here we go again.

Not much introduction needed... Straight out of Cleveland, we can all thank Eazy-E for this one.


Bone Thugs N Harmony - E 1999 Eternal
Released July 25, 1995
(some sources will tell you different. I know I'm right)


1. Introduction
2. East 1999
3. Eternal
4. Crept and We Came
5. Down '71 (The Getaway)
6. Mr. Bill Collector
7. Budsmokers Only
8. Crossroads
9. Me Killa
10. Land of Tha Heartless
'11. No Shorts, No Losses
12. 1st of tha Month
13. Buddah Lovaz
14. Die Die Die
15. Mr. Ouija 2
16. Mo' Murda
17. Shotz to Tha Double Glock


Ok. So Bone Thugs. Hands down one of my favorite artists to date. Ever since Creepin on ah Come Up, I've been hooked. I seriously thought these dudes were from like the LBC from they swag and whatnot pero, no. Muthafuckin Ohio. (took me almost 2 weeks to figure that one out, we were on the dial-up then) I'm pretty sure 'Thuggish Ruggish Bone' and 'Foe tha Love of $' was on every one's top of the list til this album came out. Clearly the singles, Crossroads (which hit #1 on the Billboard Charts in '97), and 1st of tha Month were incredibly successful. I've listened to 1st of tha Month on every 1st of the Month since 99. Holler. BTNH is one of those groups that I'm actually glad wasn't too successful after their "fall out". It makes me appreciate the things they did when they were really on their grind. These guys really were effing amazing. Not one of their albums would be considered a wash in my book.

We all know this was a good album, not just cause of the singles but also cause Bone made it ok to talk about things people shy away from. I'm not going to throw my religious beliefs and politic with anyone right now but, go ponder this album. You'll thank me for it.



ALSO!!!!


Keri Hilson - In A Perfect World
Released March 24, 2009


1. Intro
2. Turnin Me On ft. Lil Wayne
3. Get Your Money Up ft. Keyshia Cole & Trina
4. Return The Favor ft. Timbaland
5. Knock You Down ft. Neyo
6. Slow Dance
7. Make Love
8. Intuition
9. How Does It Feel
10. Hey Girl ft. T-Pain & Lil Jon
11. Alienated
12. Tell Him the Truth
13. Change Me ft. Akon
14. Energy
15. Where Did He Go


Please support this chick. She's actually one of the "good ones". I've heard quite a bit of this album and as critical as I am, I really do like it. I got high hopes for this girl. And I've been told she's really amazing live. Bunch of good people featured (and really, where the eff has Trina been cause I'm lowkey diggin her on this one). Go buy it now. Or this week. Get her first week's sales up in the charts. Holler.

No comments:

Post a Comment