Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Album of the Week

I was at a complete loss this week. I don't know what's wrong with me, my brain isn't functioning the way it ought to.

I had so many albums in mind for this week that I couldn't seem to focus on one. I asked for suggestions and nothing came about so I ran to the person that I figured would kind of be on the same wavelength as I. Yes, Mr. C.V. And yes, the inquiry was unsuccessful (sent the text to someone other than him, Oy!) however, I stole him as my inspiration for this Album of the Week without him knowing. Cat's outta the bag now. Jaha!

I don't know if this record was put out as a real attempt towards anything. It's got like 8 songs of which, in my opinion and mine alone, none should get any airplay. And there's no way my parents would have let me buy the cassette when it was released (LP released in early 80s, cassette in early 90s). Check it out.





Prince - Controversy
LP Released November 1981
Cassette/CD Released October 25, 1990

1. Controversy
2. Sexuality
3. Do Me, Baby
4. Private Joy
5. Ronnie, Talk To Russia
6. Let's Work
7. Annie Christian
8. Jack U Off


I'm not going to say I love this album, I'm not even going to hint at you to go find it anywhere. I guess the reason I decided on it was:
A) C.V clearly had a major influence on me and
B) not many people know it's around.

I personally prefer some of Prince's mid 80s albums and don't really like many of his newer ones (Musicology, anyone?? ugh!). He does speak on some "important issues" (I wasn't really aware of political issues in '85, sorry) and still gives you a lil bit of sexy to pound in the sack to.



5 days from now and counting... Hope for my a week long review (business day week, not sure if I have the will power for 7 full days) of music. I've selected a time frame, some top hits and unknown faves to expose.

Who's excited? I'm excited. You are too. Holler.

No comments:

Post a Comment