Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Album of the Week

When it came time to consider the album of this week, I was a bit lost. In my mind, it should be U2 because they've got a new album out today and they don't seem to wanna die off anytime soon and I admire that. However, I'm not excited for "No Line on the Horizon". Not really sure why, I'm just not.

It seems that new music is failing us lately. We can't just leave the game up to the few 5-10 artists that still retain quality. I'm going to need something better to come out of the woodwork. Which is where the inspiration for this album of the week came about.

Light Grenades. Not the best album. In most cases, not a very good album. Amazing concert. For seriously, Sheila and I got to see it front row center, one of the best I've ever been to. I decided on this album as the pick of the week mostly because it's one of those things that you know isn't great but it still sounds really good when you're driving around in the middle of the night. It's awesome for that road trip to the beach or the Saturday morning "Clean Your Room" fest. One of those feel good guilty pleasure albums. And maybe Winter 06 was just a really good time in my life cause here we are again. Enjoy.




Incubus - Light Grenades
Released November 28, 2006

1. Quicksand
2. A Kiss To Send Us Off
3. Dig
4. Anna Molly
5. Love Hurts
6. Light Grenades
7. Earth To Bella (Part I)
8. Oil And Water
9. Diamonds And Coal
10. Rogues
11. Paper Shoes
12. Pendulous Threads
13. Earth To Bella (Part II)

Just a heads up, I think # 5 (Love Hurts) is probably one of the worst songs ever written by this band. Also... I remixed Earth to Bella (both parts; mixed then combined) for one of my music classes and I must say, that shit was pretty hot. If you don't have this album, please go get it. Or burn it from a friend. Or illegally download it. Whatever, give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment