Monday, March 16, 2009

Music Week: Day 1

So. My Week of Music. I've been wanting to do this for a long time but wasn't completely sure how to actually put it into words. However, I miss writing and I'm pretty good at it (when I need to be) thus, let's do this...


Monday: Billboards Top Hits of 1985 (The year of my birth. I was there for 19 days)



1985 was on of the "worst" years for music. lol. A lot of classic songs, most of them, I absolutely love(d). Plenty of good bands like The Police, The Go-Gos, Sugarhill Gang, and Devo breaking up (all of which reformed at some point in time). A lot of people still trying to "make it" and even more artists coming about.


Top 5 hits of 1985:
1) We Are the World - USA for Africa
2) A-Ha - Take on Me
3) Foreigner - I Want to Know What Love Is
4) Tears For Fears - Shout
5) Madonna - Into the Groove


Just as an added bonus, I will add that the Number One single on the day of my birth was Broken Wings by Mr. Mister. A couple of my favorite Broadway hits were created/revived this year such as The King and I, Dames at Sea, Singing in the Rain. And A Chorus Line came out on film.


Also, just cause I felt like googling more information than what I had in my head (I remember things according to time, 98% of today's blog came from my brain. Stand up and clap now) a couple artists that I wasn't aware of were born this year.

February 20 - Yulia Volkova of t.A.T.u.
April 3 - Leona Lewis
May 10 - Ashley Poole of Dream
July 17 - Tom Fletcher of McFLY
August 3 - Holly Arnstein of Dream
September 23 - Diana Ortiz of Dream
October 25 - Ciara
December 10 - Raven-Symoné
December 23 - Harry Judd of McFLY


I guess I could've thought this out better and written it more "profoundly" but, I'm in a rush. It's Road Trip night. Cheers, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment