Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Life Aint So Bad at All

This morning, I woke up at 4am and decided it would be a grand day for an early morning Beach Run. Got there just before sunrise, my favorite time of day, and headed off. Best day I've had all week...

I'm lowkey throwing in these 2 albums as my faves for the week cause seriously, the beach, in the rain, at sunrise... you can't get anything better than that and these albums went perfectly with my morning.



Michael Jackson - Off the Wall
LP Released... I wanna say mid 1979. I don't know, I wasn't there but mos def in 79

1. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
2. Rock With You
3. Working Day and Night
4. Get on the Floor
5. Off the Wall
6. Girlfriend
7. She's Out of My Life
8. I Can't Help It
9. It's the Falling in Love
10. Burn This Disco Out


You can't go wrong with songs like 'Girlfriend' written by one of the best, Mr. Paul McCartney. And 'She's Out of My Life' by Stevie effing Wonder. So so so so good. If someone would just play 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough' at the club, just once. I think I'd lose my flippin mind.



TLC - CrazySexyCool
Released November 15, 1994

1. Intro-Lude
2. Creep
3. Kick Your Game
4. Diggin' On You
5. Case Of The Fake People
6. CrazySexyCool-Interlude
7. Red Light Special
8. Waterfalls
9. Intermission-Lude
10. Let's Do it Again
11. If I Was Your Girlfriend
12. Sexy-Interlude
13. Take Our Time
14. Can I Get A Witness-Interlude
15. Switch
16. Sumthin' Wicked This Way Comes

Anyone that knows me, I guess you'll know right now too, knows that my soul is stuck in 1991-1994 Hip Hop and R&B. I remember being late to school many a time cause I'd wait for the 'Diggin On You' video to play on BET/MTV/The Box. I honestly think it was one of the best times for evolving Urban music. The generation before was the birth/creation process, these few years (and a few later, I'd say til about 97) was when Urban music was evolving and about 98 til now is the result of all that. Def one of my favorite albums, I could listen to this nonstop while cleaning my house *Sexy Time Status* or freakin it up on the floor cause my headboard's too loud. Perf!!

Please Please Please (Fiona reference, anyone??) please go get these albums if you don't have them. No one should go through life without them. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment